Seller Information


Interested in Selling?

Here ARE a few other items that will assist Hoffman Law, LLC to further ease the closing process:

What do I need to provide Hoffman Law, LLC with before my closing?

  • Please Fill Out the Form Below And Return to us.
  • Name(s) and Social Security Number(s) for each seller listed on either (a) the purchase contract or (b) who is on title to the property.
  • Payoff statement or receipts for any liens or loans on the property.
  • Homeowners’ Association or Condo Association Information.
  • A List of Repairs along with invoices and/or receipts if such repairs are to be paid at closing.
  • Copy of Termite Letter dated within a maximum of thirty (30) days or sooner of the closing date.
  • Any other items Hoffman Law, LLC requests.

What if I am required to bring money to close
Pursuant to O.C.G.A. Section 44-14-13, funds for closing must be remitted as follows:

  • If you are required to bring an amount to close between $1.00 and $1,000.00 Personal Checks are allowed but may also be in the form of a Wire or Certified Check.
  • If you are required to bring an amount to close between $1,000.01 and $4,999.99 the funds must be in the form of a Wire or Certified Check. Personal Checks are not allowed for funds over $1,000.00.
  • If you are required to bring an amount equal to or over $5,000.00 then the funds must be wired to our office. Personal Checks nor Certified Checks are allowed for funds equal to or over $5,000.00.

Please be aware the Hoffman Law, LLC does not accept cash for closing. Please also note that Hoffman Law, LLC does not accept ACH transactions. ACH is short for Automated Clearing House. Certain online banks and even major banking institutions’ online systems may be initiating ACH transfers. Please confirm with your bank that you are actually sending a wire and not an ACH. Visiting your local branch and initiating a wire from the local branch is the simplest method to avoid potential problems with wiring your funds.

Additionally, please be advised that wiring times may vary. Please plan accordingly and allow between 24-48 hours for wires to be received.

For wiring instructions please contact us.

What should I bring to my closing?

  • A valid driver’s license, passport or state-issued photo identification.
  • Good funds in the amount of money needed to close. Please see the question above “What if I am required to bring money to close?”
  • If you are receiving funds, a voided check if you would like your funds wired to you. Please note there is a $25.00 fee to wire your funds.
  • Items related to the property you are selling, such as keys, garage door openers, remote controls, manuals, and other items you think would be beneficial to the new property owner.
  • Any and all items requested by your lender or Hoffman Law, LLC.

What types of documents will I be signing at the closing?

  • A Closing Disclosure/HUD-1/ALTA Settlement Statement.
  • Warranty Deed.
  • Occupancy Affidavits.
  • Owner’s Affidavit for title insurance.
  • Certificate of Non-Foreign Status (FIRPTA).