Buying a home?
Let us help!
Here ARE a few other items that will assist Hoffman Law, LLC to further ease the closing process:
What do I need to provide Hoffman Law, LLC with before my closing?
- Please Fill Out the Form Below And Return to us.
- Name(s) and Social Security Number(s) for each buyer listed on either (a) the purchase contract, (b) the loan, or (c) will be on title to the property.
- Lender Contact Information if you are taking out a loan to purchase your property.
- Homeowners' Insurance Information including both the premium amount and a copy of the declarations page listing your lender as the loss payee or mortgagee.
- Home Warranty, if applicable.
- Any other items your lender requests.
What if I am required to bring money to close?
Pursuant to O.C.G.A. Section 44-14-13, funds for closing must be remitted as follows:
- If you are required to bring an amount to close between $1.00 and $1,000.00 Personal Checks are allowed but may also be in the form of a Wire or Certified Check.
- If you are required to bring an amount to close between $1,000.01 and $4,999.99 the funds must be in the form of a Wire or Certified Check. Personal Checks are not allowed for funds over $1,000.00.
- If you are required to bring an amount equal to or over $5,000.00 then the funds must be wired to our office. Personal Checks nor Certified Checks are allowed for funds equal to or over $5,000.00.
Please be aware the Hoffman Law, LLC does not accept cash for closing. Please also note that Hoffman Law, LLC does not accept ACH transactions. ACH is short for Automated Clearing House. Certain online banks and even major banking institutions' online systems may be initiating ACH transfers. Please confirm with your bank that you are actually sending a wire and not an ACH. Visiting your local branch and initiating a wire from the local branch is the simplest method to avoid potential problems with wiring your funds.
Additionally, please be advised that wiring times may vary. Please plan accordingly and allow between 24-48 hours for wires to be received.
For wiring instructions please contact us.
Should I plan on attending the closing?
If you are on the loan or will be on title, you should attend the closing. If someone is unable to attend, please contact our office to receive instructions on using a Power of Attorney. Please be aware extra costs such as preparing a Power of Attorney and recording the Power of Attorney may apply.
What should I bring to my closing?
- A valid driver's license, passport or state-issued photo identification. Certain
lenders may require two forms of photo identification.
- Good funds in the amount of money needed to close. Please see the question above "What if I am required to bring money to close?"
- Any and all items requested by your lender or Hoffman Law, LLC.
What types of documents will I be signing at the closing?
- A Closing Disclosure/HUD-1/ALTA Settlement Statement.
- Promissory Note.
- Security Deed and Applicable Riders.
- Waiver of Borrower(s)' Rights.
- Truth-in-lending Disclosure.
- Occupancy Affidavits.
- Employment Affidavits.
- Survey Waivers.
- Termite Waivers.
- Borrower(s)' Certifications and/or Authorizations.
- Coupon Letter for First Payment(s).
- Flood Insurance Certification.
- Any additional VA, FHA, etc. documentation.
What Happens After Closing?
After closing, your warranty deed and security deed will be forwarded to the county clerk's office for recording. Usually within 4 months your original warranty deed will be mailed to the property address along with your owner's title policy, if your title insurance was obtained through Hoffman Law, LLC.
Did you know...
In Georgia, it is customary for the buyer of real estate to select the designated closing attorney. So the decision to choose which closing attorney to use is up to you. Under Federal law, the seller, real estate agent, or mortgage lender cannot require a buyer to use a particular settlement service provider.
The form you see below will help to facilitate a smooth closing. Please fill out it and return to us. As always, do not be afraid to contact us with any questions.